As defined by the Cleasby & Vigfusson Old Norse to English dictionary:
vatn-fasta Old Norse word can mean:
- 1. að, to fast on water, K. Á. 78.
- 2. u, f. a ‘water-fast,’ H. E. i. 521, K. Þ. K.; vatnföstu-dagr, -nátt, K. Á. 78, 190.
Possible runic inscription in Younger Futhark:ᚢᛅᛏᚾ-ᚠᛅᛋᛏᛅ
Younger Futhark runes were used from 8th to 12th centuries in Scandinavia and their overseas settlements
Works & Authors cited:
- K. Á.
- Kristinn-réttr Árna biskups. (B. III.)
- H. E.
- Historia Ecclesiastica Islandiae. (J. I.)
- K. Þ. K.
- Kristinn-réttr Þorláks ok Ketils = Kristinna-laga-þáttr. (B. I.)
Also available in related dictionaries:
This headword also appears in dictionaries of other languages descending from Old Norse.