Þurr-fastaOld Norse Dictionary - þurr-fasta
Meaning of Old Norse word "þurr-fasta" in English.
As defined by the Cleasby & Vigfusson Old Norse to English dictionary:
þurr-fasta Old Norse word can mean:
- 1. u, f. a dry-fast, K. Á. 164, BS. i. 874; þurrföstu-matr, K. Þ. K. 136.
- 2. ð, to fast dry, on vegetable food, BS. i. (Laur. S.)
Possible runic inscription in Younger Futhark:ᚦᚢᚱᚱ-ᚠᛅᛋᛏᛅ
Younger Futhark runes were used from 8th to 12th centuries in Scandinavia and their overseas settlements
➞ See all works cited in the dictionary
Works & Authors cited:
- Biskupa Sögur. (D. III.)
- K. Á.
- Kristinn-réttr Árna biskups. (B. III.)
- K. Þ. K.
- Kristinn-réttr Þorláks ok Ketils = Kristinna-laga-þáttr. (B. I.)
- Laur. S.
- Laurentius Saga. (D. III.)