As defined by the Cleasby & Vigfusson Old Norse to English dictionary:
skil-dagi Old Norse word can mean:
- a, m. a condition, stipulation, terms, Nj. 81, Ó. H. 47, 98, Gþl. 494, Fms. i. 22, 80, vi. 293, vii. 92, 147, Vm. 129, K. Á. 224, passim.
- 2. a term, Icel. Almanack, 10th and 14th May, 1872.
Possible runic inscription in Younger Futhark:ᛋᚴᛁᛚ-ᛏᛅᚴᛁ
Younger Futhark runes were used from 8th to 12th centuries in Scandinavia and their overseas settlements
- Iceland, Icelander, Icelanders, Icelandic.
Works & Authors cited:
- Fornmanna Sögur. (E. I.)
- Gulaþings-lög. (B. II.)
- K. Á.
- Kristinn-réttr Árna biskups. (B. III.)
- Njála. (D. II.)
- Ó. H.
- Ólafs Saga Helga. (E. I.)
- Vilkins-máldagi. (J. I.)
Also available in related dictionaries:
This headword also appears in dictionaries of other languages descending from Old Norse.