Odd-vitiOld Norse Dictionary - odd-viti
Meaning of Old Norse word "odd-viti" in English.
As defined by the Cleasby & Vigfusson Old Norse to English dictionary:
- a, m. a leader, chief, who marches ahead, Hkv. Hjörv. 10, Hkv. 2. 10, Ó. H. 61, 214, Niðrst. 108.
Possible runic inscription in Younger Futhark:ᚢᛏᛏ-ᚢᛁᛏᛁ
Younger Futhark runes were used from 8th to 12th centuries in Scandinavia and their overseas settlements
➞ See all works cited in the dictionary
Works & Authors cited:
- Helga-kviða Hundingsbana. (A. II.)
- Hkv. Hjörv.
- Helga-kviða Hjörvarðssonar. (A. II.)
- Niðrstigningar Saga. (F. III.)
- Ó. H.
- Ólafs Saga Helga. (E. I.)