As defined by the Cleasby & Vigfusson Old Norse to English dictionary:
flýtir Old Norse word can mean:
- m. fleetness, speed, Stj. 172, Lv. 41, Fas. iii. 219. flýtis-verk, n. hurried work.
- II. of a person, an instigator, Lex. Poët.
Possible runic inscription in Younger Futhark:ᚠᛚᚢᛏᛁᚱ
Younger Futhark runes were used from 8th to 12th centuries in Scandinavia and their overseas settlements
Works & Authors cited:
- Fornaldar Sögur. (C. II.)
- Ljósvetninga Saga. (D. II.)
- Stjórn. (F. I.)
- Lex. Poët.
- Lexicon Poëticum by Sveinbjörn Egilsson, 1860.
Also available in related dictionaries:
This headword also appears in dictionaries of other languages descending from Old Norse.