As defined by the Cleasby & Vigfusson Old Norse to English dictionary:
fel Old Norse word can mean:
- f. [fill or fela = a maw, Ivar Aasen], the rough inside of an animal’s maw.
- β. metaph. a ragged coat: hann lagði í felina (acc. sing. with the article), he pierced the rags of the cloak, Lv. 85.
Possible runic inscription in Younger Futhark:ᚠᛁᛚ
Younger Futhark runes were used from 8th to 12th centuries in Scandinavia and their overseas settlements
- metaphorical, metaphorically.
Works & Authors cited:
- Ivar Aasen
- Ivar Aasen’s Dictionary, 1850.
- Ljósvetninga Saga. (D. II.)
Also available in related dictionaries:
This headword also appears in dictionaries of other languages descending from Old Norse.